Strawberry season is just beginning and we're celebrating the occasion with this simple jam recipe. Refined sugar-free. Packed with protein, fiber, nutrients and antioxidants thanks to the all the chia seeds. And freezer-friendly for you to enjoy all year-round.
It doesn't get better than this.
And in case you aren't as obsessed as we are yet, we've included our 6 favourite ways to decimate a batch of strawberry chia jam.
This recipe is...
To add this recipe to your meal plan, or to a meal plan for a client, click here.
Fresh Strawberry Chia Jam
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- Trim the stems from the strawberries and cut in half. Place strawberries, honey and chia seeds in a blender or food processor and pulse until it reaches your preferred jam-consistency.
- Transfer jam into a saucepan and place on the stove over medium heat. Stir until it begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until jam begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and pour into a mason jar. Let cool and then store in the fridge for up to 7 days. Freeze if using down the road. Enjoy!
Get Creative: Try different combinations like strawberry-rhubarb or strawberry-peach!
Storage Tip: If freezing, be sure to leave at least 1 inch of space at the top of the jar to leave room for expansion. Otherwise the jar may shatter.
Vegan: Use maple syrup to sweeten instead of honey.
Add Strawberry Chia Jam to your meal plan here.
1. Classic Jam on Toast
With or without peanut butter, always a winner.
2. Spread on all the Baked Goods
If you're partaking in any summer baking, be sure to add a hefty dollop of jam to sweeten things up a notch. I'm talking warm, freshly-baked muffins, pancakes and all sorts of loaves. Bring it on!
3. Peanut Butter and Jam Breakfast Burritos
A super easy and delicious twist on the PB&J classic for breakfast or afternoon snack. Not to mention, finger-friendly for the kids! Just spread any nut butter and your strawberry chia jam on a brown rice tortilla. Place a banana in the centre, roll it up and slice into bite-size pieces.
4. Strawberry Meringues
Domestic Gothess adds jam to her "meringue kisses" which look like little nibbles of heaven. Who knew?!
5. Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies
Add a gooey strawberry chia jam filling to your cookies for the perfect salty-sweet balance.
Add Peanut Butter and Jam Cookies to your meal plan here.
6. Strawberry Granola Parfaits
Our newest obsession is putting strawberry chia jam on freshly baked granola chunks and topping everything with creamy coconut whipped cream. We can't decide whether to call it breakfast or dessert.
That Clean Life gives you everything you need to meal plan for your clients. To learn more and add this recipe to your client’s meal plan, click here.
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter. Every week we curate the best tools, tips, and resources for nutrition professionals and deliver them straight to your inbox. Get on the list here!
Other Articles You Might Like: