We love love LOVE grilling season, but not so much all the junk in popular frozen beef burgers. These processed patties often contain upwards of 600 mg of sodium and 40 g of fat per serving!
Instead, we came up with a burger recipe that's not only juicy, but delicious and simple to make. These Spinach & Artichoke Turkey Burgers topped with creamy roasted tomato mayo will make sure we look and feel our best this summer.
If you're intimidated by the thought of making your own burgers at home, you're not alone. I for one, hate handling raw meat. But we discovered a foolproof way to make perfectly even patties without getting our hands dirty.
We first learned about Shape+Store's Burger Master from one of our very own That Clean Life members and just had to try it out for ourselves. Basically, it's the perfect system for making burgers and storing them until you're ready to grill. The trays stack conveniently on top of each other so you can optimize precious freezer space. You can also make and store soup, cookies and baby food!
Watch how simple it was to make our Spinach & Artichoke Turkey Burgers:
We love our Shape+Store Burger Master so much, we're giving one away to 3 lucky winners on Instagram! See below for details.
Spinach & Artichoke Turkey Burgers with Roasted Tomato Mayo
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Artichoke Hearts (chopped)
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1 bunch Green Lettuce (separated into leaves and washed)
- Wilt your spinach by placing olive oil and spinach together in a large frying pan over medium heat and stirring continuously until wilted. Once wilted, remove from heat immediately. Once cool, finely chop.
- Combine spinach, artichokes, ground turkey, red pepper flakes, black pepper, half of the sea salt and almond flour together in a bowl. Mix well and shape into 6 to 8 even-sized patties.
- Heat grill over medium heat. Cut your tomato in half. Place both halves on the grill face down. Add the patties and grill for about 7 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through. At about the 10 minute mark, remove the tomato from the grill and add it to your food processor or blender along with the cashews and remaining sea salt. Blend well until smooth. Pour into a dish and set aside.
- When burgers are done, top them with your roasted tomato mayo and serve them wrapped in large green lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
No Grill: Cook burgers in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes per side. Roast your tomato in the oven as the burgers cook.
More Carbs: Serve on a bed of brown rice or in a brown rice tortilla wrap.
Leftovers: Can be frozen up to 6 months in an airtight container.
Don't forget to enter our awesome giveaway! A Shape+Store Burger Master will go to THREE lucky winners! Two of these will go to our members only. Giveaway is open worldwide and ends on Thursday, May 12th at 7 pm EST.
Here's how to enter:
- Follow us on Instagram
- Look for our giveaway post featuring Shape+Store
- Tag 2 friends you can't wait to BBQ with this summer