I called these fritters but really, they could work as burgers. They are best served on a bed of greens topped with the delicious Tangy Avocado Sauce. Packed full of protein, dark leafy greens and topped with a dose of healthy fat with a zing of vitamin C.
I like to make up a double batch, cook em’ all up and then freeze them. They are great to pull out of the freezer and reheat when you are running short on time.
These Kale Quinoa Fritters are:
To add this recipe to your meal plan, or to a meal plan for a client, click here.
Kale Quinoa Fritters with Tangy Avocado Sauce
Makes: 6 fritters, Time: 45 minutes
For the fritters:
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups kale,destemmed and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup oats
- ⅓ cup of almond meal/ground almonds
- coconut oil
For the sauce:
- 1 avocado
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp dijon or yellow mustard
For the salad:
- baby spinach
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook quinoa by placing ½ cup quinoa and 1 cup water in a sauce pan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat ½ tsp of coconut oil over medium heat. Saute onion until golden (about 5 minutes). Then add kale and stir just until wilted (1 - 2 minutes). Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs. Then add in the quinoa, kale/onion mixture, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Add in the oats and almond meal. Mix well.
With clean hands, form patties with the mixture and place on a piece of waxed paper. The recipe will yield about 6 medium-sized patties.
- In a large skillet, heat ½ tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat. Use a lifter to transfer the fritters from the wax paper to the frying pan. Fry the fritters 6 minutes per side.
- To make the Tangy Avocado Spread: In a bowl mash 1 avocado with a fork. Add the lemon juice and dijon mustard. Beat with a fork until a creamy consistency forms. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Serve the fritters on a bed of spinach lightly tossed in olive oil and top with Tangy Avocado Sauce. Enjoy!
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram with @thatcleanlife and #thatcleanlife! We'll feature our favs.
That Clean Life gives you everything you need to meal plan for yourself or your clients. To learn more and add this meal to your plan, or to a plan for a client, click here.
Other Recipes You Might Like: