If you’ve been stuck in a breakfast rut, I’ve got just the thing to break you out!
We’re all familiar with a yogurt parfaits with fresh fruit and crunchy granola. But did you ever think to turn those ingredients into a popsicle?
Breakfast Pops are easy to make, incredibly refreshing, and perfect for literally any time of day. Unlike sugary popsicles that are filled with artificial colours and lacking in every known vitamin, these popsicles are actually healthy. Not to mention, they are also super easy to make. Only 5 ingredients needed, and you can mix it up based on the ingredients you have on hand, or what's in season. They can be made vegan, paleo, or sugar free to suit any diet.
Chia Seed Breakfast Pops
Makes: 6 – 8 popsicles (depending on your moulds)
Time: 10 minutes to make, 5 hours to freeze
- 1 cup unsweetened yogurt of choice (Coconut, Soy, Greek, Skyr, etc.)
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy or dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup (use stevia for sugar-free)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup any fruit, cut into small pieces (berries, peaches, pineapple, papaya, plums, etc.)
- ½ cup granola
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine your yogurt, milk, sweetener, and chia seeds.
- Fill your popsicle moulds about ¼ of the way with the yogurt mixture then drop in the fruit. Spoon more of the yogurt mixture in, to cover the fruit. To avoid any air-pockets in your popsicles, press down on the mixture with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the granola in, over the yogurt and fruit and press down with a spoon so that it gets incorporated with the yogurt mixture.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours. When you’re ready to eat, leave on the counter for 10 minutes before removing from moulds, so they will slide out effortlessly.
If you try these Chia Seed Breakfast Pops, don't forget to share your creations with us using #thatcleanlife!