It’s one of our favorite times of the year - strawberry season! Nothing quite compares to the sweet taste of fresh, local strawberries in the summer months. Even better, these red gems are a great source of vitamin C, folate, fiber and potassium. They are low in sugar too with only 7 grams per cup!
The local strawberry season can be short so take advantage of these delicious and nutritious berries while you can by adding these three easy, fresh strawberry recipes to your next That Clean Life meal plan!
Peanut Butter and Jam Overnight Oats
Time: 8 hours
- 1/3 cup All Natural Peanut Butter (divided)
- 3 tbsps Maple Syrup (divided)
- 1 1/4 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup Oats (quick)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 cups Strawberries (finely chopped)
- Add half of the peanut butter and half of the maple syrup to a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in almond milk until combined.
- Stir in the oats and chia seeds until combined. Cover and let sit for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To prepare the strawberries, add chopped strawberries to a bowl with remaining maple syrup. Stir to coat the strawberries in the syrup then cover and let rest in the fridge until oats are ready.
- To serve, divide the peanut butter oats between two jars and top with equal amounts of the sweetened strawberries (and their juices) and remaining peanut butter. Enjoy!
Click here to add Peanut Butter and Jam Overnight Oats to your That Clean Life meal plan.
Strawberry Balsamic Salad with Maple Walnuts
Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Strawberries (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 1/2 tsps Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Toast walnuts in a pan over medium heat. When slightly browned, coat with maple syrup. Turn heat to low and stir until sticky (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Divide spinach into bowls. Top with strawberries, goat cheese and toasted walnuts.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over your salad and enjoy!
Click here to add Strawberry Balsamic Salad with Maple Walnuts to your That Clean Life meal plan.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 cup Oats (quick or rolled)
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Hemp Seeds
- Throw all ingredients into a blender. Blend well until smooth.
- Divide into glasses and enjoy!
Click here to add Strawberry Banana Smoothie to your That Clean Life meal plan.
What is your favorite way to enjoy fresh strawberries? Let us know in the comments below!
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter stuffed with meal planning tips, tricks, recipes, and inspiration that will keep you motivated, organized and feeling awesome. Get on the list here!
More Meal Planning Inspiration: