Morning dessert. It's a totally acceptable thing.
In fact, we encourage it.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, this recipe was specifically made for you. Wait, allergic to peanuts? Then you NEED to try this with sunflower seed butter instead (or any nut/seed butter, really!).
Overnight oats are the secret weapon against stressful mornings. They take less than 5 minutes to prep and the rest of the magic happens while you sleep.
Easy, simple. So dang delicious.
Bonus: Scoop them into small mason jars and you've got a nutritious breakfast covered for the entire week. Oh, and there are no rules against how many toppings to add.
Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats
Makes: 3 servings
Time: 8 hours (overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups Oats (quick or rolled)
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 3 tsps Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- Combine oats, almond milk, peanut butter, chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa powder and water in a large glass container. Stir well to evenly mix. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge. Divide into single-serving size jars or containers. Enjoy!
Storage - Refrigerate up to 4 days or until ready to eat. Add an extra splash of almond milk and/or a drizzle of honey (optional).
Toppings - Banana slices, peanuts, shredded coconut, hemp hearts or chocolate chips.
Warm it Up - Heat in microwave for 30 to 60 seconds before eating.
No Maple Syrup - Use honey instead.
More Fiber - Add ground flaxseed.
Click here to add this recipe to your client’s meal plan.
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter. Every week we curate the best tools, tips, and resources for nutrition professionals and deliver them straight to your inbox. Get on the list here!
Other Articles You Might Like: