We absolutely love granola but know that most store-bought versions can be high in calories and contain loads of sugar and oils that can be more harmful than helpful. Today, we're sharing a paleo-friendly, gluten-free granola recipe that not only contains heart-healthy fats but is also a great source of protein and fiber that will help you get through the day.
The best part is you can make the Paleo Granola ahead of time and cut down your morning prep work for the rest of the week. With the holidays in full effect, having a supply of homemade granola will also help keep you eating healthy over these potentially gluttonous weeks. If you're staying with family over the holidays, share some granola love and guarantee a healthy breakfast each morning. These babies make the perfect edible gift :)
Digging into a handful of granola mid-day is probably my absolute favourite, but here are some other ways you can enjoy the recipe!
Paleo Granola with Almond Milk
This hearty and delicious granola paired up with cold, fresh almond milk? Swoon. Not to mention, you can still make this breakfast portable. Bring a baggie of granola and a jar of almond milk to work, or leave a stash in the cupboard (at your own risk).
Paleo Granola Yogurt Parfait
Since the granola can be made ahead of time, you can quickly whip up a parfait by just adding fruit and yogurt (or cashew-based yogurt!). Dine in or take it to go, easy peasy.
Paleo Granola on Oatmeal
Another way to enjoy your granola is overtop a warm, gooey bowl of oatmeal, alongside any other ingredients you may have on hand. We used coconut chips, hemp seeds and a generous splash of almond milk. You can also top with shredded coconut and dried/fresh fruit, or just keep it plain and simple.
So, what are you waiting for? Make this paleo granola today and eat it all dang week.
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 4 tbsps Ground Flax Seed
- 4 tbsps Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Butter
- 4 tbsps Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Dried Unsweetened Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients except the dried cranberries and almond milk together in a large mixing bowl. Mix very well until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Using your hands works best! Spread the mixture evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, giving a stir at the 15 minute mark.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cool, transfer into a mixing bowl and add dried cranberries. Toss well to evenly distribute.
- Add to a bowl and serve with a bit of almond milk for breakfast or eat dry as a snack. Enjoy!
Nut Allergy - Use sesame seeds instead of slivered almonds.
Storage - Store in a mason jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
No Dried Cranberries - Use raisins.
Don't forget to share your delicious creations with us using #thatcleanlife!