Winter was perfect for our Crock Pot Party, but we wanted to celebrate something we could enjoy any time of the year: SNACKS.
What is a Snack Swap?
If you've heard of a cookie exchange, this concept is no different. A healthy snack swap involves a gathering of friends who love snacks so much they each bring a recipe to share. Each guest then leaves with an assortment of goodies (unless they eat them all before departure).
Why throw a healthy snack exchange?
Having healthy snacks available is always a lifesaver for me. They keep my energy up, minimize my tendency to overeat, and help curb any unwanted cravings that pop up during the day. Swapping healthy treats can also expose you to new recipes and many of them are freezer-friendly. So if you and your friends are REALLY ambitious, up the serving size requirement for each person so you can stock up on months worth of deliciousness.
What you need to host a healthy snack swap:
- A few awesome snack recipes
- Recipe cards (optional)
- Parchment paper, sandwich bags or air-tight containers
- Snack-loving friends and family
What your guests need to bring:
- A snack recipe with enough servings for each guest (or more!)
- A copy of their recipe
- AN APPETITE
The Best Snack Recipes from That Clean Life
It was hard for us to narrow down our favourites. If you're planning to throw a healthy snack swap, here are some top contenders from our recipe collection.
Nutty & Sweet:
- Coconut Brownie Bites
- Nutty Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Squares
- Dark Chocolate Love Bites
- Paleo Granola
- Dark Chocolate paired with any nuts or dried fruit
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- Pecan Pie Squares
- Any of the spiced/flavoured nuts
Fruity & Fresh:
- Apple Cinnamon Bites
- Lemon Raspberry Coconut Muffins
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Chocolate Stuffed Raspberries
Salty & Savoury:
- Popcorn (plain or any of the flavoured recipes!)
- Sour Cream n' Onion Kale Chips
- Bruschetta & Kale Pesto Chips
- Garlic Chili Lime Chips + Layered Nacho Dip
- Roasted Edamame
What are your favourite healthy snacks? Have you ever considered throwing a healthy snack swap? Let us know in the comments below and don't forget to share any of your creations with us using #thatcleanlife!