These homemade Nacho Cheese Doritos are...
Click here to add Nacho Cheese Doritos to your client’s meal plan.
Homemade Nacho Cheese Doritos
Time: 30 minutes
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas (preferably organic, sprouted corn)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Stack the tortillas and slice them into 6 small triangle-shaped chips using a large knife.
- In a coffee grinder or small blender, add the nutritional yeast, chilli powder, sea salt, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Grind into a fine powder. Transfer the ground spices to a bowl and stir in oil to create a thin paste.
- Brush each side of the chips with some of the paste. Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until the chips are slightly browned and feel crispy. This should take 6 to 8 minutes. Watch them closely so they don’t burn. (Note: They will crisp up further as they cool.)
- Remove from oven, transfer to a paper towel and cool for 10-15 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Storage: The chips are best fresh, but can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for 1 to 2 days.
Blender Tip: If you are using a regular-sized blender to make the seasoning, make a double or triple batch. This way, it will grind more evenly. You can store the leftover seasoning in a spice jar.
These homemade “Doritos” are totally vegan, totally delicious, and use just a handful of healthy ingredients. Try them out and taste the nostalgia!