Attention all #PSL lovers worldwide: What if I told you the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte can be made at home? That there's a healthy version that is just as heart-warming, delicious and frothy? That you can enjoy this fall-favourite with HALF the amount of calories, fat and sugar?!
This Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe comes together in 10 minutes using 6 simple ingredients, most of which you probably have at home. No artificial flavours hiding in pumpkin syrup here!
Don't worry, your clients won't need a fancy espresso machine or electric milk frother either. All the major equipment they need is:
- A saucepan
- Blender* (see Suggestions below if you don't own a blender)
So help your clients save some money this season. From our kitchen to theirs, we hope they enjoy this naturally-sweetened, dairy-free, Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Click here to add this recipe to your client’s meal plan.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Organic Coffee
- 2 tbsps Pureed Pumpkin
- 1.5 tbsps Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Brew your coffee and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir the pumpkin, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until combined. Slowly whisk in almond milk. Bring mixture to a low simmer, stirring occasionally and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer milk mixture to a blender and pulse several times until foamy and frothy. (You can also use a hand-held immersion blender instead.)
- Add milk mixture to your hot coffee. You may want to use a spoon to gently hold back the frothy top layer while pouring. Top your latte with this remaining froth.
- Top with a dollop of homemade organic whipped cream or coconut whipped cream (optional) and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
No Almond Milk - Use coconut milk instead
No Blender - Whisk vigorously by hand when the milk mixture starts to simmer on the stove. FYI, this won't create the same froth as a blender or immersion blender but still tasty!
Pumpkin Lover - Add an extra 1 tbsp of pureed pumpkin per serving
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice - Mix 1/4 cup ground cinnamon, 4 tsp ground nutmeg, 4 tsp ground ginger and 1 tbsp ground allspice. Store in an air-tight container.
Make it Decaf - Replace coffee with additional almond milk
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter. Every week we curate the best tools, tips, and resources for nutrition professionals and deliver them straight to your inbox. Get on the list here!
Other Articles You Might Like: