Boneless, skinless chicken breast can be an incredibly lean and healthy protein. However, it can be a tricky protein to cook. We get asked a lot about how to prevent chicken breasts from drying out in the oven (because nobody likes dry, tasteless, boring chicken!).
So, what’s our secret to getting tender, juicy, moist oven-baked chicken breast every time? It's simple:
- Use a meat thermometer. Chicken is cooked and safe to eat at 165°F (74°C) so no need to bake it beyond this point.
- Let it rest. Before slicing in, cover the cooked chicken and let it rest for at least 10 minutes to make sure all the juices stay inside the meat.
Want juicy oven-baked chicken breast every time? We’ve got you covered with this easy recipe.
Juicy Baked Chicken Breast
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 2 Tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC). Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and Italian seasoning. Rub the seasoning and the oil all over both sides of the chicken. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and immediately cover with a piece of aluminum foil for at least 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil and slice the chicken before serving. Enjoy!
Click here to add Juicy Baked Chicken Breast to your That Clean Life meal plan.
Do you have another tip or trick for moist, juicy chicken? Let us know in the comments below!
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter stuffed with meal planning tips, tricks, recipes, and inspiration that will keep you motivated, organized and feeling awesome. Get on the list here!
More Meal Planning Inspiration: