These delicious Coconut Brownie Bites were definitely the best recipe from our January meal plan. When I first made these, I was way too excited. After taste testing a few too many (I had to make sure they were really that good) I put about 10 on a pretty plate and waited for Chris to come home from work to confirm my excitement.
And confirm my excitement he did…. by eating all 10 Coconut Brownie Bites within minutes. Face palm.
These are dairy-free and gluten-free. If you are a Tim Bit (donut hole) fan, they are the best replacement. A perfect on-the-go snack and sweet enough to take the edge off those sugar cravings. They make a super cute dessert, are great for potlucks and even the kids will love them. AND! They only take 15 minutes to make! Do I really need to convince you? Didn’t think so.
Oh, but before I get to the recipe, I wanted to remind you that we are now only 17 days out from our February clean eating challenge! We supply the meal plan, recipes and grocery list. If you aren’t a member yet, join here. It’s going to be a ton of fun and I guarantee you will feel incredible at the end of the week.
Okay, okay. Here is the recipe.
Coconut Brownie Bites
Makes: 14 bites
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked and drained
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Combine the almonds, cocoa powder and 1/4 cup of the shredded coconut together in a food processor. Process into a fine powder.
- Add the soaked dates, coconut oil and honey. Pulse until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Roll batter into small bite-sized balls. Then roll each ball through a bowl with the remaining coconut flakes to coat. Organize on a fancy plate and voila! Betcha can’t eat just one.