If you thought eating healthy meant letting go of your most beloved indulgences, you thought wrong. Very, very wrong.
We're dishing up a cleaned up version of an all-time take-out favourite: BUTTER. CHICKEN. And it's just as flavourful and creamy as your tummy remembers.
And topped over a soft bed of cauliflower rice, further brightened with freshly-squeezed lime juice? Save me.
Admittedly, I've tried popular butter chicken recipes at home which called for a ton of butter and heavy cream. Let's just say our guests didn't leave feeling the greatest that night.
Instead, this recipe uses full-fat coconut milk as a dairy-free alternative. Coconut milk not only brings a gamut of nutritional benefits, it creates that luxurious texture we all know and love.
This recipe is:
- Candida diet-friendly
- Low glycemic
To add this recipe to your meal plan, or to a meal plan for a client, click here.
Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 tbsps Ginger (grated)
- 4 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 2 tsps Paprika
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsps Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- Dice your chicken into cubes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute your onion, garlic and ginger. Stir in tomato paste, paprika, curry, garam masala, sea salt and chilli powder. Cook for 1-2 minute or until fragrant.
- Add diced chicken and stir until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the water and loosen the paste.
- Stir in coconut milk and reduce to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, create your cauliflower rice by adding the florets to the food processor. Process until the cauliflower has a rice-like consistency.
- Squeeze lime juice on cauliflower rice and transfer into a bowl.
- Remove from heat and ladle butter chicken over cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Vegan or Budget-Friendly - Skip the chicken breast and replace with chickpeas, lentils or beans.
No Coconut Milk - Use Greek yogurt instead.
No Cauliflower Rice - Serve over brown rice or quinoa instead.
More Veggies - Add chopped cauliflower, sweet potatoes, peas, broccoli, baby spinach or chopped kale. Or serve it with a salad.
Storage - Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 2 - 3 days.
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram with @thatcleanlife and #thatcleanlife! We'll feature our favs.
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter stuffed with meal planning tips, tricks, recipes, and inspiration that will keep you motivated, organized and feeling awesome. Get on the list here!
More Meal Planning Inspiration: