We're dishing up a cleaned-up version of an all-time take-out favorite that your clients will absolutely love: Butter Chicken.
This recipe uses full-fat coconut milk as a dairy-free alternative to the traditionally used cream. Coconut milk creates that luxurious texture we all know and love.
This recipe is:
- Candida diet-friendly
- Low glycemic
Click here to add this recipe to your client’s meal plan.
Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 2 tbsps Ginger (grated)
- 4 tbsps Tomato Paste
- 2 tsps Paprika
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsps Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- Dice your chicken into cubes and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute your onion, garlic and ginger. Stir in tomato paste, paprika, curry, garam masala, sea salt and chilli powder. Cook for 1-2 minute or until fragrant.
- Add diced chicken and stir until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the water and loosen the paste.
- Stir in coconut milk and reduce to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, create your cauliflower rice by adding the florets to the food processor. Process until the cauliflower has a rice-like consistency.
- Squeeze lime juice on cauliflower rice and transfer into a bowl.
- Remove from heat and ladle butter chicken over cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Vegan or Budget-Friendly - Skip the chicken breast and replace with chickpeas, lentils or beans.
No Coconut Milk - Use Greek yogurt instead.
No Cauliflower Rice - Serve over brown rice or quinoa instead.
More Veggies - Add chopped cauliflower, sweet potatoes, peas, broccoli, baby spinach or chopped kale. Or serve it with a salad.
Storage - Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 2 - 3 days.