Granola is a great recipe to add to your client's meal plan. They can mix up a large batch at the start of the week and enjoy it for days on end. This granola recipe is naturally sweetened and it is sure to become a fan favorite.
Banana Coconut Granola
Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 cups oats (rolled or old-fashioned)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 300oF.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Pour the mashed banana and coconut oil into the bowl with the oat mixture. Use a spoon to stir until all is very well combined. The mixture should be evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Press down slightly and place into the oven.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, checking and tossing every 15 minutes. Break up large clusters if necessary. Once the granola is evenly browned and no longer feels damp, remove from oven. As it cools it will crisp up even more, so do not over-bake.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week, or store in the freezer for a few months.
Click here to add this to your client's next meal plan.