Fall is just around the corner! As much as I love the summer, I am so ready for: cozy sweaters, warm spicy drinks and gorgeous fall colours. Best of all, we can slowly start digging into all sorts of heavenly comfort food. And you can bet that includes breakfast.
Our That Clean Life members have been long-time lovers of our Blueberry Overnight Oats (who can blame them?) so it's only fitting (and completely necessary) to share another awesome overnight oats recipe with the world.
These oats are soaked in almond milk and chia seeds overnight for a thick and creamy, nutritious base. But the flavours are what leave you especially warm and fuzzy: vanilla, cinnamon (OH yes), a dash of nutmeg and a little honey to sweeten the deal.
These Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats are...
On-the-go? 250 ml mason jars are the perfect fit. Layer the overnight oats with fresh apple chunks and chopped walnuts, and the result is glorious. Creamy, crunchy, flavourful... Good feels all around, y'all.
To add this recipe to your meal plan, or to a meal plan for a client, click here.
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Time: 8 hours (overnight)
- 1.5 cups Oats
- 1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsps Honey (or Maple Syrup)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Apple (cored and diced)
- 1 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- Combine oats, almond milk, chia seeds, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and water in a large glass container. Stir well to evenly mix. Cover and store in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge. Use single-serving size jars (250 mL or 500 mL in size) and place a few spoonfuls of the oat mixture in the bottom of each. Then add a layer of diced apple followed by a layer of chopped walnuts. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Store in the fridge up to 4 days or until ready to eat. Add an extra splash of almond milk and/or a drizzle of honey (optional).
Warm It Up - Heat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds before eating
Vegan - Use maple syrup instead of honey
More Protein - Add hemp seeds or a spoonful of nut butter
Oh man, nut butter...
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram with @thatcleanlife and #thatcleanlife! We'll feature our favs.
That Clean Life gives you everything you need to meal plan for yourself or your clients. To learn more and add this meal to your plan, or to a plan for a client, click here.
Other Recipes You Might Like: