Weekly meal prep can be a total game-changer when it comes to staying healthy and organized no matter how busy life gets.
But when it comes to meal prepping, some recipes work better than others. Oatmeal, stews, and casseroles are perfect for prepping ahead. Scrambled eggs and avocado toast? Not so much!
To help your client’s nail their next meal prep session, here are five make-ahead recipes they can add to their next meal plan.
1. Pumpkin Mac & Cheese
This 15-minute gluten-free and dairy-free mac and cheese is so good that you definitely won't get bored eating it all week long. Pro tip: make a double batch of the sauce and freeze it. (Future you will be so thankful!)
Time: 15 minutes
- 4 servings Brown Rice Macaroni
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 6 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook brown rice macaroni as per the directions on the package. When finished cooking, strain and run under cold water immediately to prevent from overcooking.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the milk is steaming, whisk in the arrowroot until all clumps are gone.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Turn heat down to low and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add pasta to the sauce and stir until coated. Serve immediately.
Click here to add this Pumpkin Mac n' Cheese to your client’s That Clean Life meal plan.
2. Curried Chicken Slow Cooker Stew
This recipe is notorious for pleasing the whole family, even the curry skeptics! You can keep a pot in the fridge to re-heat all week, or even freeze it for later.
View the recipe here or click here to add this Curried Chicken Slow Cooker Stew to your client’s That Clean Life meal plan.
3. Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal
Even breakfast can be prepped ahead! This baked oatmeal is so easy to throw together and when you’re done, just cover it and pop the whole baking dish in the fridge. Spoon a portion out every morning and enjoy as is or with a side of yogurt.
Time: 45 mins
- 2 cups Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with a little coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, baking powder, salt, and milk until smooth. Stir the oats and ground flax into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle pumpkin seeds over top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the center feels set and the edges are slightly golden.
Click here to add this Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal to your client’s That Clean Life meal plan.
4. Paleo Granola
Reasons to make a batch of granola during your meal prep:
- Healthy breakfasts and/or snacks all week long.
- Your house will smell amazing.
- You always have a jar on hand for a last-minute gift!
We love this Paleo Granola recipe which is perfect for anyone with gluten or grain sensitivities!
Click here to add it to your client’s That Clean Life meal plan.
5. Moroccan Chicken Stew
You’ll never get tired of the warm, cozy Moroccan spices in this stew! It is naturally paleo, can be made vegan by swapping in chickpeas or tempeh, and it freezes like a dream.
Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 10 oz. Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless, sliced into chunks)
- 2 Yellow Onion (large, diced)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tomatoes (large, diced)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (fresh, finely chopped, divided)
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey
- 1/3 cup Organic Raisins
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot or saucepan. Add chicken, onion, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne, and salt. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, half the parsley, honey, and raisins. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick. Uncover and serve immediately. Garnish with remaining parsley.
Click here to add this Moroccan Chicken Stew to your client’s That Clean Life meal plan.
Log in to That Clean Life to add any of these recipes to your client’s next meal plan. We'll automatically create your grocery list to save you a ton of time.
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter. Every week we curate the best tools, tips, and resources for nutrition professionals and deliver them straight to your inbox. Get on the list here!
Other Articles You Might Like: