We're a tad crazy about a recent discovery:
Using only 5 ingredients, this decadent treat doesn't just satisfy your sweet tooth. The secret ingredient in this recipe is... (ready?)... AVOCADOS.
The avocados not only create a rich and fluffy texture, but also contain healthy fats, vitamin E, vitamin K and several nutrients important for digestive health.
Yup, that's right. Avocados are a great source of dietary fibre to combat constipation, vitamin C that help strengthen intestinal walls, and B-complex vitamins which boost metabolism.
As if we needed more reasons to love avocados.
So if you're in the mood for a decadent dessert that must involve chocolate (my life, always), dig into this recipe. You won't be feeling guilty about this one :)
Chocolate Almond Butter Pudding
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 Avocado (peeled with pits removed)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/6 cup Cocoa Powder (or about 2.5 tbsps)
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. (You my need to occasionally scrape down the sides)
- Divide into small bowls, add your choice of toppings or enjoy as is!
No Cocoa Powder: Use cacao powder instead
No Almond Butter: Use peanut butter or any other combination of nut butters
Optional Toppings: Toasted coconut, hemp hearts, crushed nuts, whipped coconut cream or fresh fruit
More Fiber: Add ground flax seeds
If you try this recipe, don't forget to share your creations with us using #thatcleanlife!