Taking some time at the beginning of the week to plan and prep your lunches is guaranteed to save you time, money, reduce stress and keep you feeling your absolute best.
Today we are sharing five easy, delicious lunch ideas that can be made on a Sunday and enjoyed throughout the week. So let's get our meal planning hats on and set ourselves up for a healthy week ahead!
1. Mediterranean Buddha Bowl
This 10-minute vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free bowl is so quick and easy to throw together, plus it keeps well in the fridge for up to three to five days!
Tip: Keep the dressing in a separate container and add it to the bowl right before eating.
Mediterranean Buddha Bowl
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup Quinoa (dry, uncooked)
- 1 head Romaine Hearts (chopped)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (cooked, from the can)
- 1 Cucumber (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Hummus
- 1/2 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package, and set aside.
- Divide the chopped romaine equally between serving bowls or plates. Top with equal amounts of quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, hummus and olives.
- Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning and sea salt to a jar. Seal and shake well to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over top of the assembled buddha bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Click here to add this Mediterranean Buddha Bowl to your client’s That Clean Life meal plan.
2. Beef and Bean Minestrone
This grain-free stew makes a hearty lunch that is great to meal prep ahead of time. Pack it in a thermos to keep it warm or reheat it at work. You can also make a double batch to freeze to save you time down the road!
Beef and Bean Minestrone
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ozs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow Onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 Carrot (medium, chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (finely chopped)
- 4 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 1/3 tbsps Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 3 1/2 cups Diced Tomatoes (from the can)
- 2 cups Mixed Beans (cooked)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Zucchini (medium, chopped)
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef to the pot. With a wooden spoon or spatula, break the beef into small pieces as it cooks. Stir until it is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Cook until onions are just translucent, about 7 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir to incorporate.
- Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, mixed beans and bay leaf. Stir to incorporate then bring soup to a gentle boil.
- Stir in the zucchini and the spinach. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 40 minutes until vegetables are very tender and soup has reduced slightly.
- Remove the bay leaf. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Click here to add this Beef and Bean Minestrone to your client’s That Clean Life meal plan.
3. Turkey Hummus Sandwich
Sandwiches are a classic make-ahead lunch, and this dairy-free, protein-packed version is guaranteed to hit the spot. It has delicious flavors, and can be thrown together in just a few minutes.
Turkey Hummus Sandwich
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 slices Organic Bread (or gluten-free)
- 4 ozs Turkey Breast (cooked)
- 1 tbsp Hummus
- 1 1/2 tsps Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Mixed Greens
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Spread one slice of the bread with hummus and mustard. Layer on the turkey and mixed greens. Place the second slice of bread over top. Slice and enjoy!
Click here to add this Turkey Hummus Sandwich to your client’s That Clean Life meal plan.
4. Chickpea, Avocado & Feta Salad
This salad is full of nutritious produce, doesn’t require you to cook a thing and comes together in 15 minutes flat. Just chop and mix! It is vegetarian, gluten-free and served cold, so it is super refreshing. You can easily omit the feta to make it vegan.
Get the recipe for this Chickpea, Avocado & Feta Salad here.
5. Black Bean & Sweet Potato Burrito
These burritos can be prepped ahead, stored in the freezer and enjoyed as a delicious, fiber-packed lunch. They can be defrosted in minutes in the microwave, or made crispy by reheating them in the oven. They are also affordable, nutritious and uber delicious. Win, win, win.
Get the recipe for these Black Bean & Sweet Potato Freezer Burritos here.
That's all the healthy lunch inspiration you need to get started! Now it is time for you to make a plan and do some prep. Log in to That Clean Life to add any of these recipes to your client’s meal plan.
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter. Every week we curate the best tools, tips, and resources for nutrition professionals and deliver them straight to your inbox. Get on the list here!
Other Articles You Might Like: