Hold on to your hats, beanies, fedoras or cute little barrettes from Etsy. Today we're sharing how to make oven-baked sweet potato chips along with the multitiude of ways you can eat them. I admit, my preferred approach is by the handful, in bed, with Netflix. But sweet potato chips aren't just a healthy snack alternative. You can enjoy them alongside other meals, as a meal in itself (see #3) or even as DESSERT.
This one's for all the sweet potato chip lovers worldwide and those who've yet to discover such edible pieces of heaven.
Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 Sweet Potato
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375. Starting at one end of the sweet potato, cut into rounds as thinly as possible. Try to be consistent with how thin you slice them so they bake evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sweet potato rounds with olive oil and season with some sea salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato rounds across the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Flip the rounds and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness or until golden brown. Watch closely. Cooking times may vary depending on your oven!
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Devour as is, or eat according to the awesome suggestions below.
Keep it Crispy - If chips lose their crispiness over time, throw them back into the oven at 350 for 5 to 10 minutes.
So you've baked your own sweet potato chips, now what? Here are 4 delicious ways to eat them!
#1. Sweet Potato Chips and Dip
You can't deny this classic dream team. Sweet potato chips with any dip make for a perfect appetizer or snack option. For entertaining, make the chips ahead of time and throw them in the oven to re-crisp for 5-10 minutes before guests arrive.
#2. Sweet Potato Chips in Soup
For some added crunch, these guys pair perfectly with a warm bowl of smooth and hearty soup. We love including them in our Cream of Broccoli. See ya never, croutons!
#3. Sweet Potato Nachos
If you love nachos, make a memo to yourself to DO THIS. Toss on some shredded chicken breast and slather on that Spicy Mango Guacamole for a healthier alternative to traditional nachos.
More suggested toppings - Black beans, chopped jalapeno peppers, corn, feta cheese, greek yogurt, chopped green onions
Just add your choice of toppings to the grocery list!
#4. Dark Chocolate Sweet Potato Chips
Okay, we might seem a little crazy here but this is the type of recipe you taste once then devour. While your sweet potato chips finish baking in the oven, melt some creamy dark chocolate to dip them in for an interesting dessert. The result is a rich, crunchy, sweet and salty harmony of flavours.