Hold on to your hats, beanies, fedoras or cute little barrettes from Etsy. Today we're sharing how to make oven-baked sweet potato chips along with the multitude of ways you can eat them. Your clients are going to love you for this one! We can admit that our preferred approach is by the handful, in bed, with Netflix. But sweet potato chips aren't just a healthy snack alternative. You can show your clients how to enjoy them alongside other meals, as a meal in itself (see #3) or even as DESSERT.
This one's for all the sweet potato chip lovers worldwide and those who've yet to discover such edible pieces of heaven.
Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 Sweet Potato
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375. Starting at one end of the sweet potato, cut into rounds as thinly as possible. Try to be consistent with how thin you slice them so they bake evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the sweet potato rounds with olive oil and season with some sea salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sweet potato rounds across the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Flip the rounds and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness or until golden brown. Watch closely. Cooking times may vary depending on your oven!
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Devour as is, or eat according to the awesome suggestions below.
Keep it Crispy - If chips lose their crispiness over time, throw them back into the oven at 350 for 5 to 10 minutes.
So you've baked your own sweet potato chips, now what? Here are 4 delicious ways to eat them!
#1. Sweet Potato Chips and Dip
You can't deny this classic dream team. Sweet potato chips with any dip make for a perfect appetizer or snack option. For entertaining, have your clients plan to make the chips ahead of time and throw them in the oven to re-crisp for 5-10 minutes before guests arrive.
Click here to add this recipe to your client’s meal plan.
#2. Sweet Potato Chips in Soup
For some added crunch, these guys pair perfectly with a warm bowl of smooth and hearty soup. We’ve even heard from you that your clients love including them in our Cream of Broccoli Soup. See ya never, croutons!
Click here to add the Cream of Broccoli recipe to your client’s meal plan.
#3. Sweet Potato Nachos
If your clients love nachos, they will be eternally grateful for this change-up. Have them toss on some shredded chicken breast and slather on Spicy Mango Guacamole for a healthier alternative to traditional nachos.
More suggested toppings - Black beans, chopped jalapeno peppers, corn, feta cheese, greek yogurt, chopped green onions
Click here to add this recipe to your client’s meal plan. Be sure to add your client’s favorite toppings to the grocery list!
#4. Dark Chocolate Sweet Potato Chips
Okay, we might seem a little crazy here but this is the type of recipe you taste once then devour. Your clients will love this snack as a rich, crunchy, sweet and salty harmony of flavors. Advise them to do the following: while their sweet potato chips finish baking in the oven, melt some creamy dark chocolate to dip them in for an interesting dessert.
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter. Every week we curate the best tools, tips, and resources for nutrition professionals and deliver them straight to your inbox. Get on the list here!
Other Articles You Might Like: