Okay, listen up.
Sweet and creamy.
NO ice cream maker required.
Less than 5 minutes to make.
We're officially adding this Pina Colada Ice cream recipe to our tried-and-true collection of nice cream flavors and you need to know about it.
Remember when we discovered and fell in love with "nice cream" and recreated our favorite flavors and ate it almost every day? I'm talking strawberry, chocolate, green tea and even fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream.
If you don't already know, nice cream is just frozen bananas. FROZEN BANANAS. When blended, it makes the creamiest texture reminiscent of soft-serve ice cream. Add fresh pineapple and coconut milk, and say hello to sunny, care-free (and tipsy?) times on the beach again.
This recipe is...
- Low FODMAP
Click here to add this recipe to your client’s meal plan.
Here's the scoop.
Three-Ingredient Pina Colada Ice Cream
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Banana (sliced and frozen)
- 1 cup Pineapple (cut into chunks, frozen)
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Milk
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend. Occasionally scrape down the sides and continue to blend until smooth (approximately 3 minutes).
- Scoop into a bowl and enjoy immediately as soft serve or for firmer ice cream, place in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 1 hour before scooping.
- Add a splash of rum to make it boozy (optional)!
Try our nice cream recipes for green tea, strawberry, chocolate, and fresh mint choco chip!
Did you love this article? Then you will love our weekly newsletter. Every week we curate the best tools, tips, and resources for nutrition professionals and deliver them straight to your inbox. Get on the list here!
Other Articles You Might Like: